Thursday, April 16, 2020

Favorite finger plays and rhymes!

Each day I will begin featuring some of my favorite finger plays and rhymes to use with babies and toddlers. Today I bring you The Hug Song and We Wiggle. 

The Hug Song
Clap, clap clap your hands,
Stomp, stomp stomp your feet.
Give your mom a great big hug
Because she is so neat.
Clap, clap, clap your hands,
Stomp, stomp stomp your feet
Give your mom a great big hug and then you take a seat.

(You can easily substitute dad for mom.)

We Wiggle
We wiggle and wiggle and stop.
We wiggle and wiggle and stop.
We wiggle and wiggle and wiggle and wiggle and wiggle and wiggle and stop!
(Clap, stomp)

When I use this rhyme with the babies in Wonderful Ones I do the three verses, wiggle, clap and stomp. But this can work for so many other things like jumping, brushing teeth, walking etc.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments!