Thursday, February 21, 2013

Preschool Quiet Time: Cd and Book Kits

A goal in my home is to have each child spend a little bit of quiet time by themselves in their room each day.  It doesn't happen every day, but when it does, an added bonus is a little bit of quiet time just for me!  I think it's good for the kids to have some down time and feel comfortable spending time by themselves.
Usually around three and a half to four years of age I introduce a CD and book kit from the library.  We sit down together and listen to the Cd and book a couple of times.  After that they are ready to do it on their own.  I love that while everyone is enjoying a little downtime the kids are hearing good stories and getting ready to read.

A few of my favorite kits:  Click on the link to check availability or reserve your kit!

Corduroy Book and CD Kit
A toy bear in a department store wants a number of things, but when a little girl finally buys him, he finds what he has always wanted most of all.





Caps for Sale Book and CD Kit
A band of mischievous monkeys steals every one of a peddler's caps while he takes a nap under a tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments!