Thursday, February 7, 2013

Book Review: The Read Aloud Handbook

The Read Aloud Handbook by Jim Trelease has been one of the most important books that I have read as a parent.  I first read The Read Aloud Handbook when my oldest daughter was about 2-3 years old. This book reinforced how important reading to your child is and gave lots of statistics and stories detailing the benefits of reading aloud.  When there were a hundred different things demanding my attention as a parent, the things I learned in The Read Aloud Handbook helped me reamain committed to the discipline of reading aloud to my kids. The second half of this book contains booklists of books that are especially well suited to be read aloud.  I still thumb through this list when I need some fresh ideas on what to read aloud to the kids. 

Check our catalog for a copy of The Read Aloud Handbook

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments!