Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Week 2
Fall III Session
Baby Rhyme Time!
This week is all about Action!  Some Action books to read with your little one are: Splash! by Garland  and Where Is Baby’s Belly Button?  Here are some songs that we used in our program for you to use at home… 
Rhyme: Gotta Shake My Sillies Out
Gotta shake, shake, shake my sillies out,
Shake, shake, shake my sillies out.
Shake, shake, shake my sillies out,
And wiggle my waggles away.
(Gotta clap my crazies out….
Gotta stretch my stretchies out…..)
Rhyme: Splashin’ Up and Down (Bouncing Rhyme)
Splashin’ up and down in my little red rowboat,
Splashin’ up and down in my little red rowboat,
Splashin’ up and down in my little red rowboat,
Won’t you be my darling?

Parents, to extend the action theme, try finding action fingerplays and songs to do with your little one!  They love the one on one attention and pick up on your intonation, learning what the words mean.

Terrrific Twos!

This week is about Pigs!  Here are some books to read to your little one:
My Day On the Farm by Chiyoko Nakatani and Pigs in Pajamas by Maggie Smith.
Here are some songs and rhymes we used in our program this week….

Rhyme: 
Well, I had a little pig (wiggle thumb)
And I fed him in a trough (Cup opposite hand and wiggle thumb inside)
And he got so big and fat (make big circle in front of tummy with arms)
That his tail popped off! (LOUD clap)


Rhyme:  Two mother pigs lived in a pen.
Each had 4 babies and that made ten.
These 4 babies were black and white.
These four babies were black as night.
All eight babies loved to play,
And they rolled and they rolled in the mud all day.
But when evening came, they curled in a heap,
And they squealed and they squealed
Until they went to sleep.

Parents, at home try a game of pig counting.  A fun counting song would be to the tune of “10 Little Indians.” 
One little, two little, three little piggies….etc. went oink oink oink! 

Story Mix 

This week in Story Mix we sang songs and read stories about Thanksgiving!  A couple of books we read are 1,2,3 Thanksgiving!   by Nikola-Lisa and  Barnyard Song, by Rhonda Greene).


We worked on colors this week using the song “Colors” on the cd Learning Basic Skill vol. 1 where the children had to shake the proper color eggs.  This activity reinforced listening skills and color decoding skills.  We also handed out an activity page for number 11!  When counting with your child, make sure to go from left to right, which also helps reinforce the left to right direction of print for pre-reading skills!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments!