Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Story Mix for Three to Six: Silly Songs and Stories

Our silly song about "ants in your pants" will definitely put a smile and a laugh on everyone's' faces!  Children love to move their feet and arms by dancing, jumping and marching.  Clapping, tapping and bouncing to rhythms allows children to also hear syllables and improves motor skills, as well as connect words with movements. 

Reading together is an important activity to do too because as children hear and see the words, they develop essential early literacy skills.  Make sure you check out the books in our list below for stories about silly kids and dogs. 

There Are Ants in My Pants Song (sung to the tune of The Farmer in the Dell)

There are ants in my pants!
There are ants in my pants!
Oh no, what should I do?
There are ants in my pants!
   
Perhaps I should dance
Perhaps I should dance
That is what I should do
Perhaps I should dance.

There are ants in my pants!
There are ants in my pants!
Oh no, what should I do?
There are ants in my pants!
   
Perhaps I should jump
Perhaps I should jump
That is what I should do
Perhaps I should jump.

Repeat the song using other motions such as twisting, marching or stretching. 
 
Take a look at these stories we read at Story Mix:

“Time To Paint, Biscuit!” in Biscuit Storybook Collection by Alyssa Satin Capucilli
A collection of ten previously published stories featuring Biscuit, a small and mischievous yellow dog.
Check catalog availability

Oh, Were They Ever Happy by Peter Spier
One Saturday morning while their parents are away, the three Noonan children decide to paint the house.
Check catalog availability

Are You Sleepy Yet, Petey?  by Marie Hodge
Petey the puppy doesn't want to go to bed at bedtime. How will his little boy make sure Petey gets enough sleep?
Check catalog availability

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments!